Blue Chair is Hiring Farmers Market Sellers!
About Blue Chair Fruit Company
Blue Chair Fruit Company is the premier artisanal jam and marmalade company in the United States. Located in Oakland, CA, Blue Chair Fruit has redefined preserving through our distinctive brand of modern nostalgia and our exacting approach to fruit and flavors. Our highest priority is using organic and sustainably grown fruit from local growers, and preserving that vibrant fruit flavor by utilizing traditional methods and modern taste sensibilities. In all aspects of our company, from the contents of each jar to packaging to our online presence to the definitive Blue Chair Jam Cookbook, Blue Chair Fruit has reinvented preserving for the modern age.
Farmers Market Sellers Position
Market sellers represent Blue Chair Fruit and sell our jams and marmalades at our pop-up shops at Farmers Markets. Sellers are responsible for transporting all market gear,setting up and breaking down, handling money and credit card transactions and ensuring each customer has a positive experience. A market day is typically 7- 8 hours.
Our ideal market seller candidates…
- have their own car to transport all market supplies
- have a good driving record
- are available on weekends
- can give a minimum of a 6 month commitment
- enjoy interacting with the public
- have a knack for selling (and/or willing to learn)
- you’re responsible, reliable and committed to what you do
- ready to start work between 6:30 am -8am in the morning, depending on the market
a base wage per market + commission + reimbursement for mileage.
Oakland, SF and Kensington
Excellent! Send us resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’d like to work for us and why you think you’re a fit for this position.
Email Rachel at info [at] bluechairfruit [dot] com with subject line: FM seller position