Tomorrow marks the kick-off of the free, three-day Eat Real Festival in Jack London Square! Access a full list of events and start planning your weekend by clicking the picture below. For Jam Highlights, keep reading!
- Visit the Blue Chair Fruit team at the Eat Real marketplace on Friday from 1pm to 7pm, Saturday from 10:30am to 7pm, and Sunday from 10:30am to 5pm!
- Saturday 11am-1pm, DIY Classroom: Join Rachel for a Q&A session about Advanced Flavor Construction! Learn to enliven your jams with spices, herbs, and liqueurs, while maintaining a delicate flavor balance.
- Saturday 3:30-5pm, Craft Marketplace: In the mood for something rich? Rachel teams up with Dandelion Chocolate to create two indulgent chocolate-citrus tarts using Elderberry-Orange and Bergamot marmalades.
- Sunday 1-2:30pm, Craft Marketplace: Rachel and Baia Pasta collaborate on a super-secret sauce recipe using–what else?!–jam!
- Sunday Jam Bar: Greg Lindgren of Rye Bar will be serving up fresh Blood Orange Whiskey Sours using our very own Blood Orange-Hibiscus Marmalade. End your weekend with a bang at the Jam Bar!
Stay tuned to find out when Rachel announces the Punk Domestics Jam Contest Winner!
January finds itself steeped in resolutions — hopes, wishes, prohibitions in search of self-improvement. But we’d like to recommend a different take on the New Year’s resolution: investing in a better morning, committing to starting each day on the right foot. With jam.
Our Jam Club offers a simple solution to the plague of dull mornings: 3 jars of jam, one jar each of our newest and most-loved flavors, every other month. With a 12-month membership, you could bribe yourself out of bed every day of 2012! Of course, we also offer a 6-month membership, which will still give you 9 different flavors to start the year off right!
Plus, if you purchase a 12-month Jam Club membership by the end of January, we’ll give you a FREE additional flavor with your first shipment — just enter NEWYEAR upon checkout!
A year full of the finest California fruit; what could be better?
Envious of our calendar? Purchase a Maria Schoettler calendar here!
Thanks for such a great year, friends, and happy holidays!
Blue Chair Fruit will be CLOSED for two weeks beginning on 12/24/11. We will be at the Grand Lake farmers’ market on 12/24 and the Temescal market on 1/8. Our team will be back in the office beginning on January 9, 2012; all online orders placed between now and then will be processed when we return.
In the meantime, we recommend a proper start to 2012 for you and your loved ones — with a year-long Jam Club subscription for a sweet year! What better way to enjoy the year than 3 of our newest flavors every other month? Sign up now and we’ll start your Jam Club in January. Yum!